|Title:||Behavioral Health Associate|
Description: Responsible for the supervision of Severely Mentally Ill group home residents and their activities; provide support for symptom management and psychosocial development. Maintain a therapeutic, safe and healthy environment.
1. Provide ongoing support, counseling, clarification and redirection to residents as needed.
2. Transport residents as needed.
3. Prepare and maintain all necessary documents including progress notes, time sheets and incident reports in a timely manner.
4. Assignment, assistance, and supervision of resident’s daily tasks, instruction and assistance in learning skills necessary to complete their tasks.
5. Provide crisis intervention as needed.
6. Plan, shop and prepare meals involving residents as much as possible.
7. Maintain a clean and orderly living environment while also assisting residents in their involvement in household chores. .
8. Assure all house rules and policies are followed.
9. Assist residents in planning activities and leisure time pursuits.
10. Monitor residents’ intake of medications. Document the amounts and time of day they were taken.
11. Attend required meetings, classes or in-services.
12. Communicate with other staff members any information that will provide insight and better understanding of resident issues or the running of the household.
13. Assist residents in following their treatment plans.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
Position Qualification: Requires high school diploma or equivalent. Two years experience providing direct service in the field of human services, preferred. Ability to work effectively as part of Residential Services team, with persons experiencing severe mental illness.
Requires background check, current Alaska Driver’s license and driver license for a minimum of three years and clean driving record. Must be 21 years old and have had a driver’s license for three years.
Please complete an JAMHI application:
At the bottom of the job page you can use one of three options to submit your resume and application (both resume and application are required):
1) Email address at email@example.com or
2) submit your application and resume via email or 3) fax to 907-463-6858.
Additional Required Information: If you are selected, please provide the following at the time of the interview: 1. The names and current contact information of three (3) personal references 2. A copy of your high school diploma or equivalent. 3. Be prepared to take specified WorkKeys Assessments after the interview and submit results. Prior to the interview, contact an Alaska Job Center to obtain your username and password for CareerReady101/Key Train courseware. This courseware is recommended to prepare for the WorkKeys Assessments and is accessible from any computer with internet access. WorkKeys Assessment score reports (for Reading for Information, Listening for Understanding, Workplace Observation and Locating Information) are required. When requested, contact your nearest Alaska Job Center (http://www.jobs.state.ak.us/offices/index.html) as soon as possible to schedule these assessments. Note: Applicants who do not live within driving distance of an Alaska Job Center and who are unable to take these WorkKeys Assessments, will be required to complete them at an Alaska Job Center prior to starting their first day of work, if a conditional job offer is made. Applicants who live in another state may look for WorkKeys assessments locations in their area at: www.act.org/workkeys /locations.html . For more information and to submit your WorkKeys Assessments Score Report, contact Glenn Mitchell at the Juneau Job Center (907) 465-2953, or fax Score Reports to (907) 465-2984.
|Salary:||$16.10 - 20.44 DOE|
|Hours:||Mulitple Shifts (16 hour including overnight & 8 hour)|
|Benefits:||Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement|
|SUBMIT YOUR RESUME VIA EMAIL|