1. All direct service staff must complete the following competency based training:
a. Areas that reflect specific needs of person served.
· Monitor for safety
· Modeling appropriate behavior
· Ability to provide education and direct support to residents in areas of personal hygiene, ADL, and nutrition.
· Treat client with respect, engage client.
b. Clinical skills that are appropriate to the position.
c. Individual plan development.
d. Interviewing skills.
e. Program-related research-based treatment approaches.
1. Provide ongoing support, counseling, clarification and redirection to residents as needed.
2. Transport residents as needed.
3. Prepare and maintain all necessary documents including progress notes, time sheets and incident reports in a timely manner.
4. Assignment, assistance, and supervision of resident’s daily tasks, instruction and assistance in learning skills necessary to complete their tasks.
5. Provide crisis intervention as needed.
6. Plan, shop and prepare meals involving residents as much as possible.
7. Maintain a clean and orderly living environment while also assisting residents in their involvement in household chores. .
8. Assure all house rules and policies are followed.
9. Assist residents in planning activities and leisure time pursuits.
10. Monitor residents’ intake of medications. Document the amounts and time of day they were taken.
11. Attend required meetings, classes or in-services.
12. Communicate with other staff members any information that will provide insight and better understanding of resident issues or the running of the household.
13. Assist residents in following their treatment plans.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
Position Qualification: Requires high school diploma or equivalent. Two years experience providing direct service in the field of human services, preferred. Ability to work effectively as part of Residential Services team, with persons experiencing severe mental illness.
Requires background check, current Alaska Driver’s license and driver license for a minimum of three years and clean driving record. Must be 21 years old and have had a driver’s license for three years.
Policies and Procedures:
a. Demonstrates reliable work attendance.
b. Consistently arrives, ready to work, at appointed time.
c. Consistently complies with break and meal schedules.
d. Consistently notifies Supervisor of illness within the appropriate time frames.
e. Accepts a fair share of unscheduled work when warranted by increased workload.
a. Protects client privacy when providing care.
b. Protects information of a confidential nature (including Protected Health Information & administrative).
c. Assures appropriate physical and psychosocial support of client/family in crisis.
d. Considers client’s values, lifestyle, and/or spiritual needs.
e. Intervenes as clients advocate when appropriate.
f. Demonstrates knowledge of Client’s Rights/Responsibilities.
g. Adheres to JAMHI’s Code of Ethics and Conflict of Interest.
h. Adherence to JAMHI Policies and Procedures and operational guidelines and local, state, and federal rules and regulations.
3. Guest/Employee Relations/Appearance
a. Interacts courteously with client/family/visitors, including explaining role.
b. Participates in identification of problems at JAMHI and contributes to group problem solving.
c. Utilizes appropriate channels of communication for conflict resolution.
d. Promotes harmonious relationships and favorable attitudes among work team.
e. Gives and accepts feedback in a constructive manner.
f. Wears appropriate, clean attire and maintains good personal hygiene.
g. Attire does not interfere with the safe delivery of care.
a. Knows location and use of emergency equipment (fire alarms, extinguishers, etc.)
b. Knows correct procedure to report a fire or emergency.
c. Demonstrates knowledge of Disaster Plan.
d. Maintains on file a current emergency phone contact for use in disasters.
e. Participates in emergency drills.
f. Identifies and reports any unsafe conditions in a timely manner.
g. Contributes to JAMHI’s tidiness and readiness for emergency response.
5. Continuing Education
a. Responds positively when learning needs are identified.
b. Attends mandatory in-service programs.
Reports to: Residential Services Director