Department: Residential Employee Status: Exempt
Supervisor: Residential Services Manager Date: Revised 6-4-13
Description: Under the direction of the Residential Services Director, assists in the coordination and administration of all JAMHI Residential services. Responsible for supervision Residential Counselors at JAMHI Salmon Creek and Lemon Creek Residential facilities when Residential Services Director is on leave or unavailable to supervise.
Daily operations oversight and coordination.
Residential progress note audit to ensure quality and compliance
Maintenance of training materials and training of Residential staff
Co-facilitate meetings; other administrative duties as assigned
1. Responsible for assisting and coordinating the successful operation of JAMHI Residential Services, to include the provision of daily direct supervision of BHAs and with providing Corrective Actions as needed
2. Provides training and supervision to Residential Case Managers
3. Participate in program planning and development, including planning, coordinating, and facilitating activities that provide a therapeutic benefit to the clients.
4. Creation and maintenance of training tools and resources for staff utilization. Responsible for updating training manuals, documents and online reference guide.
5. Assists with coordinating required trainings for Residential employees in conjunction with trainers, ensuring staff are up to date with training requirements.
6. Assists in recruitment of new staff, including conducting interviews with the Residential Director and checking references of potential candidates.
7. Assists in providing coverage for group home and supported living shifts by contacting staff willing to cover and providing direct coverage in the case of an emergency.
8. Collect Residential documentation and submit to billing, while collaborating with compliance officer on quality assurance as needed.
9. Conducts the quality and compliance audit on Residential notes, coordinating with the billing department and compliance officer as needed.
10. Shares in providing on-call Residential support 24/7.
11. Encourage and foster professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality of Residential staff.
12. Attend and co-facilitate staff meetings, treatment team meetings, training committee meetings, and other meetings as necessary. Responsible for taking Residential meeting minutes and making them available to staff.
13. Attend workshops, seminars, etc., for professional growth.
Other duties as assigned related
to the operation of the Residential programs.
a. Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of case management experience or equivalent.
Must possess a current Alaska driver’s license for a minimum of three years, current first aid and CPR certification.
Policies and Procedures:
a. Demonstrates reliable work attendance.
b. Consistently arrives, ready to work, at appointed time.
c. Consistently complies with break and meal schedules.
d. Consistently notifies Supervisor of illness within the appropriate time frames.
e. Accepts a fair share of unscheduled work when warranted by increased workload.
a. Protects client privacy when providing care.
b. Protects information of a confidential nature (including Protected Health Information & administrative).
c. Assures appropriate physical and psychosocial support of client/family in crisis.
d. Considers client’s values, lifestyle, and/or spiritual needs.
e. Intervenes as clients advocate when appropriate.
f. Demonstrates knowledge of Client’s Rights/Responsibilities.
g. Adheres to JAMHI’s Code of Ethics and Conflict of Interest.
h. Comply with all JAMHI P&Ps and operational guidelines and local, state, and federal rules and regulations.
3. Guest/Employee Relations/Appearance
a. Interacts courteously with client/family/visitors, including explaining role.
b. Participates in identification of problems at JAMHI and contributes to group problem solving.
c. Utilizes appropriate channels of communication for conflict resolution.
d. Promotes harmonious relationships and favorable attitudes among work team.
e. Gives and accepts feedback in a constructive manner.
f. Wears appropriate, clean attire and maintains good personal hygiene.
g. Attire does not interfere with the safe delivery of care.
a. Knows location and use of emergency equipment (fire alarms, extinguishers, etc.)
b. Knows correct procedure to report a fire or emergency.
c. Demonstrates knowledge of Disaster Plan.
d. Maintains on file a current emergency phone contact for use in disasters.
e. Participates in emergency drills.
f. Identifies and reports any unsafe conditions in a timely manner.
g. Contributes to JAMHI’s tidiness and readiness for emergency response.
5. Continuing Education
a. Responds positively when learning needs are identified.
b. Attends mandatory in-service programs.
Please complete an JAMHI application:
At the bottom of the job page you can use one of three options to submit your resume and application (both resume and application are required):
1) Email address at firstname.lastname@example.org or
2) submit your resume and JAMHI application via email or
3) fax to 907-463-6858.
Additional Required Information:
If you are selected, please provide the following at the time of the interview:
1. The names and current contact information of three (3) personal references
2. A copy of your college transcripts.