Serves as Administrative Assistant to JAMHI Executive Director and Board of Directors, providing support and complex administrative services, secretarial and interrelated clerical duties directly concerned with the work of JAMHI administration; assists CFO, and other staff, as directed. Serves as Human Resources Coordinator, organizing and maintaining personnel files, orienting new employees and supporting staff on matters related to employment regulations. Coordinates work flow; updates and monitors delegated tasks to ensure progress to deadlines. Maintains JAMHI website and Relais Learning online training/tracking system. Duties require a high degree of independence, judgment, tact, discretion, and confidentiality in dealing with clinicians/case managers, physicians, nurses, staff, local and state officials, clients, and the public.
- Administrative: Participates in the review of administrative and technical documentation for accuracy and quality; Coordinates development of administrative policies and procedures in accordance with JAMHI and professional standards; Participates in monthly All-Staff and regular administrative meetings; Assists with contracts to be executed by JAMHI; Provides professional and technical administrative support to JAMHI Board of Directors and Finance Committee; Coordinates and sets up monthly board meetings, Board retreats, events, and other meetings as necessary; Completes special projects as assigned by JAMHI Executive Director, such as professional, technical, administrative and/or confidential reports and other documentation as required; Responsible for purchasing administrative office and miscellaneous supplies; Maintains the JAMHI website; Maintains Relias Learning online training/tracking system, AK Airlines Easy Biz Administrator.
- Human Resources: Provides initial orientation and arranges comprehensive orientation by JAMHI staff for new employees. Develops and maintains employee personnel files, prepares personnel action forms, monitors timely completion of employee performance appraisals by supervisors, and advises employees and supervisors on CARF, state and federal employment requirements and assists in resolving employee/supervisor conflicts as necessary.
- Secretarial: Produces and distributes Board and Finance Committee packets and produces meeting minutes, drafts letters, memos, and other documents for Executive Director’s approval; Coordinates events including annual client/staff picnic, Thanksgiving dinner, and staff/board holiday dinner; Coordinates travel and training for administrative and clinical staff,
- Grant data management: Manage and organize records, archiving, and data collection; Maintains records for Memorandum of Agreements (MOA), Contracts and Business Agreements (BA); Responsible for collection and assembly of grant materials in preparation for submission to grantors; Provide professional and technical administrative support including research, analysis, and reports on various issues at the Executive Director’s direction.
- Compliance and Confidentiality: Supports JAMHI’s commitment of adherence to the highest standards of business and professional ethics; Provides services in compliance with all state and federal laws governing agency’s operations; Consistently maintains complete confidentiality of all clinical, medical, financial, employee, computer or other sensitive materials which may jeopardize the privacy of others.
- Customer Service: Demonstrates orientation toward excellent customer service by conducting activities, communications, and interactions in a cooperative, positive, and professional manner; Displays courtesy toward customers by introducing self and addressing customers by name; Meets customers’ expectations by listening to and demonstrating sensitivity and awareness of others; Follows through to ensure that established expectations are satisfied to the extent reasonable and possible.
- Adheres to JAMHI standards: This includes, but is not limited to, personnel, safety, and emergency policies and procedures; Identifies and reports unsafe conditions in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize time; meet deadlines, and deal with moderately high levels of stress;
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to carry through assignments to completion;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to work with diverse populations, such as persons experiencing mental illness, management, clinical staff, information systems specialists, state and local officials, and others;
- Ability to work independently;
- Willingness to learn.
Minimum Employment Requirements:
- Education: Graduation from high school or the equivalent; business-related Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree preferred.
- Experience/Skills/Abilities: Three years of office clerical or administrative experience. Must have knowledge of administrative processes and practices and excellent skills in public communications; office practices, business English and letter writing; grammar, spelling and punctuation; knowledge and skill in use of standard business computer software (Word, Excel, and Access preferred), email, word processing and office equipment. Must have ability to work independently, prioritize workload, gather data, reason logically, communicate effectively with officials, employees, private groups, and the public; compose letters or reports utilizing a wide knowledge of vocabulary, grammar and spelling; perform delegated administrative assignments; etc.
- Physical Demands: Extensive computer and telephone use. Sitting for long periods of time. Some bending, reaching, lifting, and walking. Busy office with many interruptions.
- Hazardous Exposure/Working Conditions: Exposed to hazards associated with electrical equipment. Minimal risk of exposure to hazardous materials, communicable diseases, and chemical elements. Work is performed in an office setting.
Please complete a JAMHI application: http://www.jamhi.org/images/clientid_218/employment.pdf at the bottom of the job page. You can use one of three options to submit your resume and application (both resume and application are required):
- Email address at email@example.com or
- Submit your application and resume via email or
- Sax to 907-463-6858.
Additional Required Information: If you are selected, please provide the following at the time of the interview:
- The names and current contact information of three (3) professional references
- An official college transcript.
Pasted from <https://www.centersite.org/admin/panel_client_su/jobs/edit_job.php?id=7328&show=2&clnt=218&clnt_name=Juneau Alliance for Mental Health, Inc.>